Monday, December 07, 2009

Holiday Recipes


My daughter Megan and I sat down today and made up a bunch of yummy holiday recipes that we'd like to share.

Christmas at Mom's: Cinnamon (1), Coconut (1)
This is my all-time favorite right now. When my kids smelled it they said it reminded them of Christmas at my house, ergo the name. This is for Spicy/Fruities.

Christmas Eve: Peppermint (1), Vanilla (1), Coconut (3), Cinnamon (12)
This is a strong cinnamon scent, with the just a hint of mint. Spicy/Herby.

Ginger Snaps: Maple Spice (2), Brown Sugar (2), Cinnamon (4), Ginger (2), Clove (2)
It smells just like a gingerbread house. Unfortunately, ginger and clove have been discontinued, but you can probably get the same effect (or close to it) with Allspice. If anyone tries it, post your recipe in the comments section. Spicy, definitely.

Pinecone and Holly Berry: Pine (1), Cedarwood (7), Fig (1), Pomegranate (1)
This one is so yummy. I came up with the name and Megan created the recipe to go with that name. Megan is exceptionally good at creating new scents that people love. I know this will be one that my assistant Sandra loves because she's a Woodsy and loves pine and cedarwood.

Pumpkin Pie (Lite): Cinnamon (8), Allspice (1), Brown Sugar (1), Clove (3), Nutmeg (1), Ginger (1), Honeydew Melon (1)
I told McKenna I'd made a pumpkin pie recipe and she said, "Nuh-uh! How do you make pumpkin pie without a pumpkin oil?" Well, it worked perfectly. It's not a strong pumpkiny smell (which is why I call it "lite") but the honeydew melon gives it a hint of that flavor, and the name convinces you that you're really smelling pumpkin. Again, clove, nutmeg and ginger have been discontinued, but you can add more Allspice. Fruity/Spicy.

Snow on the Windowsill: Juniper (2), Water Lily (1), Garden Mint (3)
I told Megan I wanted something that smelled like fresh fallen snow and this is what she came up with. It really does remind me of a crisp and sparkling winter morning. Herby/Leafy.

Sweet Candy Cane: Coconut (6), Peppermint (4), Eucalyptus (1)
This one isn't as sharp as you might think. It's really kind of sweet. The coconut balances the mint and make a refreshing fragrance to wake you up on wintry mornings. Herby/Fruity.

Shop Urban Botanic.

No comments:

Post a Comment