Monday, August 31, 2009

Only Four Drops!

I knew I was running low on my Raspberry Macaroon shower gel, but I was hoping I could make it last through the end of the summer. I know that as soon as the air turns even the tiniest bit crisp I’ll want to switch to a fall fragrance. There’s no way I’ll use a whole bottle of raspberry shower gel over the next three weeks so it would end up sitting all winter and who knows if I’ll want to be a raspberry macaroon next summer? I may want to be a cool berry, or a macadamia nut, or pina colada. I’m fickle that way.

So yesterday, I ran out. But being the clever penny-pincher that I am, I put a quarter inch of water in the bottle, shook it up and it lasted one more day. Then I forgot I was out. So this morning, when I grabbed my puff scrubby and went to pour shower gel on it, all I had was four watered-down drops. Seriously. I counted the four teensy drops as they fell onto the scrubby. Then I stood there trying to decide what to do. Do I drip all over my house while I make more? Or do I (shudder) use some of the old store-bought gel that I haven’t gotten around to throwing away yet?

In the throes of my dilemma, I suddenly realized I was unconsciously wringing my hands around my scrubby. I looked down and there were bubbles! I am not kidding you. Of course, it wasn’t the super rich, decadent lather that I usually indulge in, but FOUR DROPS produced enough lather to wash my entire body! FOUR WATERED-DOWN DROPS!

This stuff is amazing.

Shop Urban Botanic.

No comments:

Post a Comment